Frequently Asked Questions
To help you have a pleasant visit, we have provided answers below to the most frequently asked questions about our Museum.
What is Sound Garden? Is it a garden for children?
Sound Garden @IME has 11 wonderful musical installations made with stone metal and wood where you touch, hear and experience and learn the principals of sound.
No. it is not a traditional garden with plants and flowers or musical lights, but it is to do more with nature and origin of sounds from natural things.
People of all ages can play with the installations; but kids below 6yrs need to be monitored.
What are the timings of the sound garden?
The Sound Garden will be open Tuesday to Sunday from 10 AM to 5 PM including all public holidays. Monday is a weekly holiday.
Is there an age limit?
No. Everyone is welcome. Children below 6 have to be closely monitored by adults. The installations are stone and metal structures. There are many sharp edges in the sound garden. We do not take responsibility for your children’s safety.
Am I allowed to touch the installations?
Yes. We would encourage you to touch, hear and experience the Sound Garden. But, you will have to handle it carefully so that others are also able to enjoy the musical installations in future.
Below are some of the dos and don’ts of playing on the musical installations.
1. Do not touch the metal parts of the mallets to the instruments
2. Do not hit it too hard. There will be an attendant to assist if you are in doubt.
3. Do not allow the children to run around. They may get injured. The installations are stone and metal structures. There are many sharp edges in the sound garden. we do not take responsibilities for your child’s safety
Do you have facility of parking, restrooms and café?
We have parking only for a few cars. The others have to park on the road.
We have rest rooms for men and women.
IME café is open from 11AM – 6pm.
How much does a ticket cost?
The cost of the tickets for anyone above six years is Rs. 100/- Entry for children below 6 is free .
We are school, what are the rules for school visits?
1. The school students with staff should reach here by 10.15 am ( Sound Garden timing 10 am – 5pm)
2. A letter from school on letter head is expected with all details.
3. We are charging Rs. 25/- per students and for teachers/non-teaching staff its free.( payment is accepted in cash or DD in favour of INDIAN MUSIC EXPERIENCE TRUST)
4. We also have a Cafe at IME; incase you want any snacks you have to inform in advance.
5. We also provide space to kids if they get their snacks box along.
6. If you have more than 100 children, they should come in groups of 50-60 children on consecutive days.
7. School should inform us atleast a week before their visit.
What are the rules for Architecture Students/Collages visit to IME?
1. Architecture Students/Collages need to take prior appointment to visit Soundgarden & Museum.
2. Architecture Collage students and teachers will be charged Rs. 100/head for Sound garden and museum tour.
3. It is mandatory to get permission letter from collage/institution on letterhead having details of the students visit & purpose of visit.
4. We also share plans of the museum with students on prior information.
5. Photography allowed in Soundgarden and not inside the museum.
Sound Garden Rental:
1. Sound garden can be booked for Birthday Parties.
2. Rental for the space is Rs. 10,000 +18% GST.
3. Number of invitees should not exceed 35 in number.
Can I take photos and videos in the Soundgarden?
1.IME permits still and video photography for non-commercial use only in the sound Garden. Photography of fine art is prohibited.
2. If photos are for some purpose like newspaper, magazine etc. you need to a prior appointment.
Can I bring my stroller, wheelchair or any type of mobility device?
1. Yes you can.
2. Also we can provide a single wheelchair.